Sunday, December 11, 2005

Fever

Lying on the beach with random thoughts
the booze had taken over me again, my thoughts
my desires had taken a back seat
the pompous crowd, music turned into background noise
I kept checking my belongings
even though I was in no state to check on myself
and then came the rain
drizzling down like holy waters
breathing life into me
my blood started flowing with a purpose
my heart gathered momentum
and I was back on my feet
a puff of smoke from a passer by
my savior,the rain thundering down
soaking me, mocking me
only me as people evacuated for shelter

I wandered in all possible directions
bumped into many strangers and not so strangers

and there he was
standing with a girl

waiting for me

It felt so real.
It felt all planned.

like fever.

1 Comments:

Blogger 3 potties said...

the beach, the music, the people and of course, the rain...inspired more than just a fever am sure.

wish i cud unleash the song in me, as u do so effortlessly.

Iyer

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home