Tuesday, February 14, 2006

24 Candle$

first sight,uptight,first of its kind
probably caught sleeping next to a woman,nevermind

six in a fix,day time lover
candies tasting sweeter and grapes sour

thirteen getting bolder and lean, felta day older I mean
in cola and tv , pizzas and dairy, a walking talking soldier

sixteen ,felt there was nothing left to be seen.
too much skin to cover, letting no one in or out

eighteen,I was waiting full of praise and anger
coffee never black, eggs never white

twenty I had plenty, of love, heart and soul
lips in locomotion, carrying a magic potion

and then
the potion that held me was snatched away,
shattering me to pieces I couldn't count
spent a whole year or so trying to count them,
losing count of them at the very end of it all

life changed directions, directions changed life
I ran too far, ran too fast
nowhere

so here I am, a deliberate terrible mistake
left here right now

with 24 candles to blow
and maybe more...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bro,this more like a rap song
kudos!

9:31 PM  
Blogger 3 potties said...

yup, "bro", nice rhythm...

Pace is fun, all the way till sorrow/love come in and get you confused...and leave you wondering, with the candles...

Good stuff, keep it up!

Iyer

3:03 AM  
Blogger 3 potties said...

Wrote something - check it out.

http://3potties.blogspot.com/2006/02/goodbye.html

Iyer

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home