Saturday, January 12, 2008

Session II- IV : Honeymoon week

Its been a week now of training. Also a week since I got back to work after my seemingly long 3 week break.I'm glad I started my first session a few days before I got back to work.The soreness after the first session being indicative of that. Its been an interesting first week of training.

While one fact was clear - my body ain't strong. the fact thats getting slowly but gradually clearer is that is just could be a matter of time. Like a new video game perhaps. You have to get to the level III to know what level I was actually all about.The week involved working on my chest, shoulders, back, arms and legs on separate sessions.Which one do I enjoy the most? I actually like the chest. Maybe because my arms are not strong enough to feel the burn yet. The week was all about getting the form right. So understandably the weights were lighter. I am getting now used to the breathing pattern. Its great to see how a slight adjustment to a posture can actually get another muscle to start working.

I think the most important piece of advice I got from my trainer is about adrenaline rush
'Its all in the mind'. I have to reach that mind state whereby lifting heavier weights will actually get my adrenaline going. Maybe I'll begin by faking it. I tend to not look at the weights every time he increases it. Maybe because I am a bit apprehensive that I might get intimidated by it. Or maybe I might just end up forcing my body to react rather than the other way around.
The first half is about gaining muscle mass. So it does not involve cardio exercises. I do warm up on the treadmill and cross trainer. I also need to keep my tennis and swimming going.

And last but not the least, my diet. I start off the day with egg whites and protein shake. I am actually enjoying eating a heavy breakfast in the morning. I usually get myself a glass of fresh fruit juice on my way to office. Lunch is a bit challenging - you know I don't want to end up eating the same thing from the same stall every single day. Reminds me of that movie 'Stranger than fiction' :). So juggling between sandwiches, salads and soba at the moment.
Also will meet my babie girl for lunch once a week now that dinner is almost fixed.

Works going to get busy soon and likewise my training.

The honeymoon period is coming to an end .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home