Sunday, February 03, 2008

30 days and 30 nights

A month later.... How do I feel? Inspired.

And slowly getting addicted too. Its fascinating to see your body react the way it does when you put him to test. I finished 15 sessions of my training last Saturday. We also did an assessment to gauge my progress. The results were inspiring if anything. I have gained some muscle mass and in the process also lost some body fat and weight. My trainer didn't quite appreciate the weight loss bit and might fine tune my diet to ensure there is more protein intake. But he did acknowledge that my metabolic rate is good which meant the second phase would have to be re-looked.

I like the whole discipline of waking up early and working out in the morning before work. I'm more a morning person and do enjoy pumping some iron before work. Of all the work outs, I enjoy the bench press for chest. It get your adrenaline rushing and sure makes your feel the burn.
Like most others I don't really look forward to the leg exercises. It sure does kills! In fact my last session got my head ringing and we did have to cut short. Perhaps an indication of the intensity for the next 15 and preparation for the same.

The work outs have also complemented the intensity at work. I don't think I have been this focussed in a while this early in the year. My job goals for 2008 have been laid out, there's a road map in place. Its now up to me to progress it at the right pace and this time I am very eager to go the extra mile.

I have one more session before heading to KL with my babie for chinese new year break.
I think the break will do me good to reflect the month that has been and the month ahead.

Here's wishing all a happy chinese new year! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home