Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Duhka - Pain

Pain :Suffering or distress.

Or is it so?

It makes me wonder what pain really is.
When was the last time I was in pain? What did pain do to me? What did I do back in return?

Was it when I was in hospital suffering from a relapse of typhoid when everything I consumed, consumed me in return. When I missed an exam that cost me a school rank. Was that pain?

Was it the loss of my best friend - Ringo my dog. The only fella in my life who would welcome me with same excitement no matter how shitty my day or his day had been. That I can have him by my side today as a refuge from this world where people complicate each other. Was that pain?

Was it when I had to take a flight back to Singapore from Bangalore and leave my loved one when I imploded with tears and did all I could to hide it and my lips read a false promise that I would come back one day and all would be fine. Was that pain?

Or lying next to a stranger helpless, breathless , topless with numb desires and diluted thoughts
unable to decipher the whole situation and what it demands of you, questioning morals
beliefs and promises, and lying another day alone on a bed by myself wanting a touch I refused. Was that pain?

We all tend to look at pain for its negativity. May be pain is more than all this. Maybe its at point of pain when we overwhelm who we are and why we are. Maybe we question life, its very reason and its this reasoning that brings out the inner soul in us to face it all and live to forget it all one day.

Maybe pain is a reflection of love, the feeling to be in love and probably never again with same intensity and purpose. Maybe pain is a reminder to humanity how ordinary we are and how extraordinary this life given to us is. Maybe pain is the only fight against time when time stands still frozen in surrender. Maybe pain is a sign of sacrifice to oneself, to one's emotions, to one's feelings. maybe pain is a love song the heart sings to the mind one rare moment in our life.

maybe pain is the best thing that can happen to us.

I am currently in a state of fuzziness, a state of confusion
where I am craving with my arms wide open for this one being to
hug me and say all is not right but I am

maybe this is pain
maybe this is me
what pain sees

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home